Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 1 - gDiapers



The first day using gDiapers went very well. They were actually pretty easy to use and there were no leaks! I started out the day by putting six diapers together. 

There are four separate pieces: gCloth liner, gCloth insert, gSnap-in liner and Little gPants (left to right). These are directions for how I put the diapers together. 


Step 1 - Lay the gCloth liner on top of the gCloth insert, so that they match up. 


Step 2 - Take the gSnap-in liner and stretch it out a little to make it flatter. Put the gCloth liner/gCloth insert inside of the gSnap-in liner. Press the corners and sides down so that all of the gCloth insert is inside of the gSnap-in liner. Press down on the gCloth insert as you let the gSnap-in liner scrunch back up. Make sure that the gCloth liner/gCloth insert are still evenly placed inside the gSnap-in liner. 


Step 3 - Snap the gSnap-in liner into the Little gPants and they are ready to go! 


Put them on your baby like you would a disposable diaper, except the sticky tabs in disposable diapers go to the front and the velcro tabs in gDiapers go to the back. The "g" should be on the back of the diaper. 


How cute is that? 


After I put the six diapers together, I had one of them on my baby, five diapers ready to go, six extra gCloth inserts and a box of gCloth liners. 

Dom got up at about 7AM and went through three wet diapers by 1PM, which is pretty typical for him. I flushed the gCloth liners and put the gCloth inserts in a gallon sized ziploc bag. The gPants and gSnap-in liners weren't wet at all, so I just filled them each back up with a new gCloth liner and gCloth insert. 

At about 1PM I left to do some errands with my mother-in-law. I put a disposable diaper on Dom because I didn't want to have my first difficult experience with gDiapers in public. Dom had one dirty diaper and one wet diaper while we were out, and I changed him back into a gDiaper when we got home. He had two more wet gDiapers and then I changed him into a disposable diaper at about 7:15PM for bedtime. 

 I put all of the wet diaper parts into the laundry, so they will be clean for tomorrow. I'm a little anxious/nervous to see how the gDiapers handle poop...I'm sure I'll find out tomorrow! 

2 comments: