Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 4 - gDiapers

We keep diapers for daycare in this frog downstairs in the playroom. We write the child's first initial with permanent marker on a few of their diapers and bring them downstairs. I put a few of Dom's cloth diapers (all put together) and a ziploc bag with his name on it in the frog. When I change Dom's diaper in the playroom, I put the soiled diaper parts into the ziploc bag to wash, and I keep the other parts in a pile to bring upstairs and refill. This is really easy to do and not much more time consuming than changing a disposable diaper.








This is only day 4 of the cloth diapers, but so far I'm wondering why I didn't try this sooner. Diapers are expensive for one and two, they don't break down very easily. I've read some articles that state that the first disposable diapers ever made are still sitting in a landfill. I hope that's not the case, but either way I feel much better about reducing the amount of disposable diapers that are going into landfills.





No comments:

Post a Comment