Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 5 & 6 - gDiapers


Over the past couple of days I've really gotten used to using gDiapers and other people around the house have tried them out too. My mother-in-law says that she doesn't love the fit, which I get because they fit very different from disposable diapers. I think that the fit takes some getting used to, but I think it has something to do with preventing leaks. I haven't experienced a single leak, and I'm starting to think that gDiapers are more leak proof than disposable diapers!


My husband has tried them out a few times, and one of the times he pulled one of the tabs off! I've read about this happening on reviews of gDiapers, so I expect that it will happen from time to time, but it was very easy to sew back on, so it didn't deter me from using them. I overheard my husband talking to a friend on the phone about the gDiapers, and he said something like they are cool underwear type things. That's positive so I'll take it for now :)

(Here is a close up of a tab like the one that got ripped off of the gDiaper.)

I've been doing a load of diaper laundry every day so far, mostly because I need some more snap-in liners. I don't wash them every time they are used, but I only have six, so I really only have enough for one day. Luckily for me, my mom ordered 6 more little gPants and they each come with a snap-in liner, so I should be able to change the frequency of diaper laundry to every other day.

I wash the gCloth inserts and snap-in liners in warm water with perfume and dye free detergent. The inserts are very absorbent so they take a while to dry, sometimes I have to dry them twice. The snap-in liners are air-dry only and they air dry quickly. I have only had to wash the little gPants when they got dirty on the outside, from food or whatever else Dom gets all over himself if he isn't wearing pants. I have washed the little gPants with regular clothes or in the diaper laundry and both have worked fine. I plan on washing the little gPants weekly since they each only get used about once a day.

My little family is going to be up north for the weekend without any running water. I've washed all of the soiled cloth diaper parts to bring with us, and I'm bringing some disposable diapers...just in case. Check back on Monday to see how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment