Sunday, February 19, 2012

Day 2 - gDiapers


When Dom woke up at about 8AM, I started out the day pretty much the same as yesterday, by putting some cloth diapers together and getting Dom into one. He went through 4 wet cloth diapers and 1 dirty cloth diaper. My husband doesn't love changing dirty diapers to begin with, so he is not so sure about changing a dirty cloth diaper. It just so happened that Dom got his one dirty diaper for the day while I was taking a nap, so Daddy had to change his diaper! He took the cloth diaper off, and set the whole thing aside, and put a disposable diaper on him. I still have to show him the ropes once I figure it out myself :)


When I got up from my nap, I tackled the dirty cloth diaper. The gCloth liner worked surprisingly well. Most of the gCloth insert was protected by the gCloth liner. I just peeled it off and flushed it. The liner bunched a little while Dom was wearing it, so a little bit of poop got on the cloth diaper. I just wet wiped it off and put it into the ziploc bag, and I sprayed some spray-n-wash on the poop spot before washing the cloth insert.

Day 2 was another successful day with cloth diapers! Tomorrow the daycare kids will be here, so that should add a new dynamic to cloth diapering. Wish me luck!

2 comments: