Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 7, 8, & 9 - gDiapers

We left the house Friday at about 4:45PM for Millinocket. We stopped on the way and got some groceries  for the weekend and Pizza Hut cheese breadsticks for dinner...yum! We arrived at the cabin a little before 8:00PM, and Dom had slept the whole way! I put a disposable diaper on him before I put him in the car because I knew it would be a long ride. When we got to the cabin, I put a cloth diaper on Dom for the hour before he went back to sleep, then changed into a disposable diaper before bedtime.

Saturday morning we got up early to go ice fishing. Dominic had four nasty dirty diapers during the day, so four of the snap-in liners were too soiled to be reused. I could have washed them in a basin, but the lake was covered in 19 inches of ice, melting snow is very time consuming and the water is so dirty! We brought some water for drinking, but I wanted to try to save as much as possible, incase we got trapped at the cabin. 

I brought 6 little gPants, 6 snap-in liners, 12 cloth inserts, 12 cloth liners and 8 disposable diapers. I was hoping that I would be able to reuse the snap-in liners and gPants on Sunday, but I was down to 2 snap-in liners, so I was a little nervous. Dom got another snap-in liner too dirty to reuse, but luckily we decided to head home early on Sunday morning. I put a disposable diaper on Dom before we got in the truck. When we drove into the cabin, there was about 6 inches of snow on the "driveway." It snowed while we were there, so it was more like a foot when we left. The truck made it in great...getting out was not so great. Six men, a jeep, a truck, a snowmobile, and 2 1/2 hours later we were on the road again. 

We got home around 2:00PM on Sunday and there was a box from diapers.com waiting for me! Six more little gPants (3 blue and 3 taupe), each with a snap-in liner were in the box and I was pretty excited. I did a load of diaper laundry right away, but with the extra snap-in liners, I should now be able to do diaper laundry every other day. Hooray! 


3 comments:

  1. Ky, I just have to say... When we went in there was about 14-16 inches of snow and it snowed 9 inches Saturday... Maybe it only looked to be a foot deep; you weren't the one outside with the shovel dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Babe, I didn't want to exaggerate...guess I went too far in the other direction! You did a great job shoveling :)

      Delete
  2. I'll teach you so you can help next time ;)

    ReplyDelete